the story of the missing teeth

My 4-year old has been more cooperative in brushing his teeth ever since I told him the story about my two missing teeth.

He now allows me to brush his teeth thoroughly and he is also getting pro in spitting.

I blogged about my latest visit to the dentist here.

This morning when he woke up, we had this conversation:

TL#1: Mommy, what happened to your missing teeth?

He wanted to hear the story again.

Me: They were eaten by germs. They were filled with cavities so the dentist pulled them out.

TL#1: But why, what did you do? You did not listen to your mommy?

Me: Yes, I was hardheaded. I did not like to brush my teeth.

TL#1: What did you say?

Me: I said (imitating him) Waaah! No, I don't want to brush my teeth. I don't want to!

TL#1: Me, I listen to you mommy. I brush my teeth. They are clean. See, I have 20 teeth!

(And he opens his mouth wide to make his point)

I hope he grows up with good habits on dental hygiene. At least (for now) he doesn't eat candies.


I was not conscious of my dental health until recently and I'm regretting it.

Next step: Try to bring him to the dentist for his first check up.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law