1st birthday celebration in Fun Ranch (late post)

Initially, I was not inclined to throw a 1st birthday bash for our son. We were saving up for a future important expenditure and I thought TL#2 wouldn't even remember his party anyway so why bother? But then (shortly a month before), it got to me that our youngest is turning 1 year old once in a lifetime and it is worth a celebration. Plus, the husband shelled out the initial budget so why not. :)




I'm not much of a party planner. I am an introvert and I do not like talking to strangers (weird me!). We settled for Fun Ranch (Ortigas) because of the party package they offer - venue, food, host, magician and photo booth supplier. Very convenient! It is a bit more expensive than when you DIY but I did not have the luxury of time, so.








I first thought of Active Fun in Bonifacio Global City which is near our place and got their party package brochure. But I found the rates of Fun Ranch more reasonable. You may click on the images below for comparison.
Active Fun











Fun Ranch











I almost forgot about the cake. Good thing a friend recommended Emily Uy of Sugarbox. I wrote about it here.

For the photo booth, Fun Ranch tied up with Cheer U Up who contacted me two weeks before the party to get my approval for the lay-out and birthday tarp. Rhea was easy to talk to and accommodated my requests for changes to conform with the Babytv theme. The wallpapers and sample invites in the Babytv website were of big help. They also gave us a CD of the pictures right before they packed up.







Husband wanted to go to Divisoria for the giveaways but I was not inclined to. He eventually gave in to my suggestion to buy play-doh. I wanted something the kids will really use and have fun playing with. I was also wary of giving out items that might potentially be dangerous because of lead content. We opted to have stickers printed for the giveaways since we did not want to wrap them in plastic. Think earth-friendly!

















Husband thought the kids would also love goodies (although TL#1 does not eat candies) so we included a candy corner in the Fun Ranch food package.




If I had more budget and the benefit of hindsight, I would have booked a photographer to capture the party moments. We only have a few good photos. :(

In my research for the party, I came along the following helpful sites:

Ging Lorenzo's Photoblog

Kids Party Hub

TL#1 might not remember his 1st birthday party but we and his big brother surely does. (Belated) thank you to our family and friends for their well-wishes, love and presence! Cheers also to our suppliers - Fun Ranch, Cheer U Up Photobooth and Emily Uy of Sugarbox.












May our youngest grow up to be a healthy and smart kid.




Presents don't really mean much to me. I don't want to sound mawkish, but - it was the realization that I have a great many people in my life who really love me, and who I really love.

                                                                                       - Gabriel Byrne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law