live in the present

Surprised that hubby was free to go home by 8:00 pm but by the time he reached the office to fetch me, it was raining cats and dogs. Ang lakas!

So rather than be stuck in traffic, I asked if we could go watch a movie instead. Instant date night!

I needed to relax a bit. My head was aching from the number of issues I had to address. I would rather be busy than stressed anytime.

But then, issues and queries put me on my toes, make me think beyond the box and force me to stretch a bit, get out of my comfort zone, reach out, consult, learn. Daming sinabi. Haha!

I'm trying to look at the positive side. The proper mindset helps me a lot at work. Worrying and being anxious is useless, I know. The moment I have learned to let go (a bit) of my fears of failure and confrontations, the nature of my work became more manageable (on most days, at least). It also helps that i'm trying to focus on the here and now. Mindfulness. That's the goal!

I am trying to subscribe to these wise words by Lao Tzu:
“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

By the way, we decided to watch Pacific Rim. It was intense and funny. Parang Voltes V lang. Haha!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law