wanted: energy

I agree with Gretchen Rubin when she tackled vitality first in her happiness project. Just 3 days to go before the formal start of my project and i'm still trying to harness all the energy I can muster.

First on my list, which seems so difficult to accomplish, is sleeping early. Since I went back to work from my maternity leave, I've been going home late. And to make up for the long workdays, I sleep in during the weekends. This bad habit had screwed my body clock. My erratic sleeping pattern has left me feeling lethargic.

I'm also currently struggling with my belly fat which gets me feeling frustrated every morning when I put on my clothes and nothing fits well. I'm not a fan of sports and i have never hit the gym so this is proving difficult for me to address. I tried cutting back on rice but whatever I lose during meals I gain again courtesy of junk foods.

In preparation for my happiness project action points this month of May, I've been going through my past issues of Women's health. But the talks about calories and diet plans seem alien to me. I can't totally grasp the concept of counting calorie intakes and fiber and grains.

Given my little inclination for physical activities, these are the simple rules I hope I can stick to starting tomorrow (source/ inspiration: The Belly Melt Diet)

1. Wake up at 6 am and use the stationary bicycle for at least 20 minutes. It's what we have at home and it's been ignored for as long as I can remember. It was already in the apartment when I moved in with the hubby.

2. Drink 2 8 oz glasses of water before breakfast (and before every meal).

3. Eat breakfast and prepare lunch baon (at least 3x a week). I already made a menu for the week last Sunday. Nothing special, just less rice. :) Eat lunch at between 11:30 am to 12 pm.

4. Avoid junk foods (bye bye Vcut and Pepero) and snack on healthy foods such as banana, corn, hardboiled egg, yogurt and apple (with skin on).

5. Avoid rice during dinner (as much as possible). Eat Nestle fitnesse cereal for at least 5 dinners. Eat dinner no later than 7 pm.

6. Join the in-house Zumba (kuno!) session in the office every TTH from 8 to 9 pm. Hopefully, I only have to work overtime during TTH too. ;)

7. Say goodbye to tv, ipad and iphone at 10 pm. Sometimes I stay up late reading pep.ph, Yes, Star or OK! Magazines. I've got to curb my addiction to celebrity gossip too.

8. Try to sleep no later than 11 pm and try to wake up at the same time each day even during weekends. :)

Okay, it's nearing 10 o'clock. Must say goodnight to my ipad. Hopefully, I can stick to these rules. May this post serve as a reminder and a pressure! I can do this, yes I can. :)

(By the way, my weight today is 107 lbs, the peak of my belly (stomach out) is at 34.5 inches. I am barely 5 foot tall!. I used to weigh between 90 to 100 lbs. It's the tummy that has ballooned after giving birth to my 2 sons.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law