countdown 19: taking responsibility

Please be responsible for the energy you bring into this room.


These words from the latest O, The Oprah Magazine I’ve read struck me and were ringing in my head since yesterday. I’m not sure if it was Oprah who said it but nonetheless, it is a mantra worth emulating.

Complaining a lot – GUILTY!
Heartily joining in lunchtime gripes and grumbles – GUILTY!

I am guilty of creating and harboring bad energy in this world.

It’s not easy not to complain. It has become a way of life for me - rooted from the stressful world of public practice in audit and accounting and carried over to my personal life and subsequent endeavours. And most of the people I’ve met and dealt with are no different. We merely fuel each other’s hang-ups.

I want these words tattooed in a conspicuous place like my hands maybe, so that each time I harbor negative thoughts or open my mouth to complain, I will be reminded that I am responsible for the energy I bring into this world.

Where I am going, I would definitely need a constant reminder of this mantra. I’m actually thinking of printing on paper, “Please be responsible for the energy you bring into this cube.”

And I might just see the same words on my husband’s big white board – “Please be responsible for the energy you bring into our home.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law