countdown 11: family = comfort and security

I'm looking at the bright points in my current ordeal. One of the best part is being with my mama, who has taken a leave from work next week to be with me. There is something very comforting about having my mother near. Yey!

Ever since I started working, spending an extended period of time with my parents and siblings has been few and far between and is therefore a rare treat. I'm looking forward to bonding time with my mother.

I'm not a typical first-born. I rarely meddle in the affairs of my 2 brothers and 4 sisters. What I regret though is not being close to them, not knowing a lot of things about them, what they're currently going through, what their hopes are. I didn't wish to be corny and showy, we weren't really raised that way but I think I kept too much distance from them, which is quite sad. The good thing is the connection I have with my siblings is never lost no matter how long we are apart. It is something that is not forced. They are always there for me for the times that mattered and they know that I'll always be here for them when they need me. I guess we all have unique ways of showing our love to the people who mean the world to us.

There's nothing like the comfort and security we get from our family. I love mine dearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law