a powerful prayer

I'm not a devout catholic and therefore, I am not a prayerful person (in its strict form). I do pray, but of the free-form kind, mostly in a conversational form with God. But there is one prayer a friend of mine taught me (about 4 years ago) that I would like to recall to mind.

This prayer is special to me because praying it helped get me through a crossroad and a challenging phase in my life. The problem with me is that I have a bad memory and can no longer remember it, so I had to resort to google. This 'forgetfulness' reminds me to pray constantly and regularly, not only for selfish motives, but most importantly, to maintain a gratifying relationship with my creator.

The prayer I'm looking for is the Novena Prayer to St. Therese. The prayer is widely used by Catholics to ask favors from her. I especially liked it for its simplicity and power. After all, it helped me to successfully get to Dublin.

The prayer is done as follows:

1. Make the sign of the cross. Think of or ask for the favor you'd like St. Therese to grant, as well as a request for a rose.

2. Pray the Glory Be.

3. Say the following short prayer: "St. Therese of the Child Jesus, pray for us."

4. Repeat the Glory Be and step 3 for 23 more times (total of 24 recitations). This is in honor of the 24 years that St. Therese lived. Make the sign of the cross again to finish the prayer.

5. Repeat the prayer on the following eight consecutive days, for a total of nine days.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law