countdown 30: New 7 Wonders of the World

I'm turning thirty only once, so let the countdown begin! No, I won't be doing anything grand or expensive. I will celebrate my birthday with my parents and siblings at home in the province. Planning is simple - I texted my mama and well, she'll take care of everything else as she always does. Thank God for mothers.

For the days leading to my birthday, I will celebrate the little things and grand things that make my life worth-living.

Today is day 30 - me as a Filipino citizen

I was going through flipboard on my ipad, when I stumbled upon an article from inquirer asking for more votes for Puerto Princesa underground river (PPUR).



20110723-012237.jpg

There is an ongoing global movement to vote for the New 7 Wonders of the World and the Puerto Princesa underground river has been selected as one of the 28 finalists.

Since I have not done much as a Filipino these past days, I decided to go on and vote. Voting via text is easy, just send PPUR or PPUR7 or PPUR15 to 2861 for all networks. I think the cost is P2.50, P20 and P30 for each keyword, respectively. Shortly after I voted, I received an SMS:

Thanks for voting in the New 7 Wonders of Nature Polling Service! Ur PPUR wallpaper will be sent soon! P20/10votes

Bumoto pa at patunayang ang Puerto Princesa Underground River ng Pilipinas ang dapat na makasama sa Wonders of Nature sa buong mundo!

Text N7W to 2861 for help and list of keywords P2.50/txt

C www.puerto-undergroundriver.com 4 info.


For more info on text rates, you may refer to this blog entry by mindoropost. Voting via text will end on September 25.

I also voted online through the New 7 Wonders website. Here, I had to register and each email address is entitled to vote once.



20110723-012637.jpg

It is also important that the confirmation link sent to your email account be clicked to ensure that your vote will be counted.



20110723-012446.jpg

I have not been to Puerto Princesa Palawan (what a shame!) but I have heard of its splendor and will include it in my must-visit bucket list. It is reputed to be the longest navigable underground river in the world.



20110723-012046.jpg

Of the 28 finalists, I have only been to Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, which I can vouch to have such a breathtaking view (really amazing!). It is a testament that we do have a very brilliant and wonderful Creator. I included it in my top 7.



20110723-012824.jpg
(with my good friends karen and vanessa at cliffs of moher, ireland. i'm glad i got to visit this place before leaving dublin)

I want to mark the 30th day before my 30th birthday as the day I voted for the New 7 Wonders of the World. As the n7w movement would put it,

I participated in this momentous global movement, creating seven symbols of heritage and nature, and becoming part of global memory - forever!


I hope you do too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law