20 questions a woman should ask herself - question no. 2

It's been more than a week since I posted question no. 1. Now, we're off to question no. 2 from Martha Beck's Yours for the Asking article in the February 2011 edition of O, The Oprah Magazine.

Is this what I want to be doing?

Time is precious because it is limited to 24 hours a day. This second question aims to foster mindfulness of the here and now. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily routine that we just let time pass us by and we forget about the things that matter.




20110709-051707.jpg


I personally find this question helpful as I try to schedule and maximize my weekends. I try my very best not to work on Saturdays and Sundays unless absolutely necessary. I also surf facebook less than I used to. I have long let go of my plants and zombies. I read somewhere that 'poor' people spend on entertainment while 'rich' people invest in themselves. Point taken so I try to squeeze in more time for reading and self-help, learning to cook, menu planning, finding ways to be a better mom. I rarely oversleep anymore.

The big thing that bothers me though is that I sometimes feel I'm in the wrong career. After completing the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) course I took last May, I don't feel motivated to finish the case paper and take the exam. I also have long abandoned reading and keeping myself abreast in latest developments in the profession. I'm not certain if it's just a phase or something that I should take very seriously and soul-search upon. I'm sure I have been very passionate once about being a Certified Public Accountant and auditor.

While still mulling over that predicament consciously and subconsciously, I have decided to focus on things that interest me such as writing, hoping that in the process, i'd find myself and what I truly want to be and do in my 30's. It's never too late for new beginnings.




Finding the answers starts with posing the right questions...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law