true color

I love my hubby and his passionate mind, especially his appetite for learning and sharing. Just this morning he tweeted the link on how to find one's passion by zen habits, as a friend and i were discussing about finding our life's passion.

Last week, I've been intrigued by the November 2010 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine which had the same theme - "What's your true calling?".

Earlier tonight, i started reading "Career Match: Connecting Who You Are With What You'll Love To Do" by Shoya Zichy and Ann Bidou. The purpose of the book is to foster understanding and accepting the dynamics of our own GENUINE style - its unique strengths and weaknesses. It promulgates that it is possible to be the right person doing the right thing in the right place and enjoying it for those who are true to themselves in spite of naysayers, parental expectations and societal pressures.

I've finished answering the Color Q Personality Style Self-assessment, a 10-minute self assessment designed to acquaint one with concepts that are applicable to one's career. It turns out my primary style is Green, my backup style is Gold and i'm an introvert. Not really surprised with the results and i totally agree that as a Green/Gold introvert, i am a curious combination of warmth and reserve. I also no longer regard myself as a weirdo because apparently, people like me need opportunities to spread our creativity and to impact the lives of others. This trait may be the source of my constant longing for higher purpose or deeper meaning. It makes me think i really might make a good teacher or writer.

I've only read a few chapters so far and will continue reading it this week. The book does inspire me to try to be true to my nature, "live a meaningful life and improve the world any way i can" just like my fellow Greens - Oprah Winfrey, Mahatma Gandhi and Ralph Waldo!

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-to-find-your-passion.html

20110606-092640.jpg

20110606-092658.jpg

20110606-092711.jpg

20110606-092718.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law