gratitude for life's little surprises

Count your blessings

My Friday ends on a high note with an unexpected reward for hard work! Life is full of surprises indeed.

Positivity

I got disheartened for not winning the P356m grand lotto of PCSO. Some very lucky individual did. But as they say, there are more than enough blessings to go around and i did receive my share during the week to add sparkle to my charmed life.

Be thankful for the little things

To start off, hubby is finally home last sunday after being away for two weeks and of course, as a bonus, i got some pretty nice pasalubong. This alone started the week right.

Working from home on Mondays means respite from the hassles of the long commute to work, at least for a day, and extra time to bond with my son. Then there's Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribean sequel, who made me laugh hard during a reunion-date-night with hubby. I had a good time watching the movie. Don't take my word for it though as i am easily pleased and not a good critic.

Best things in life are free

Resumed running with hubby on Tuesday and it was a euphoric sweat indeed. I logged in 3.69 km, not counting additional distance i walked with hubby. Not much but i'll get there. I guess the free pancit for merienda from someone leaving our company gave me that much needed energy to get going!

Dreams do come true

Surprise! Surprise! The boss sends me link to the test site and my picture's on the home page. It's a far cry from being a model but not everyone gets to be part of a public website, re-launching soon!

Kindness of strangers

Had to work overtime a bit during the week but a colleague went out of her way to show me an alternate commute route, which was so nice of her! Now, i have an option when going home late or meeting hubby.

Everyday's simple pleasures

Other things to be thankful for during the week include coming home to meals prepared by our house help, eating healthy lunch i prepared myself (thus, saving a bit of money) and having had some free time (despite month end close) to bond with my baby and write in my blog.

There's something liberating in focusing on the good things life has to offer. Blessings are in abundance, one just need to learn how to count and measure... and maybe, hope for more.

   
“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” - Brian Tracy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ang huwarang pamilya

a brief trip to (smelly) Manila Zoo

status update (and complaints) on our compliance with Kasambahay Law